Saturday, May 11, 2013

Biphasic Sleep Experimentation

So, I've decided to try biphasic sleeping (see HERE). The main reasons are: 1) I want to get some hours of sleep in before midnight (not happening much at the moment); 2) I want some time for creativity, and often had creative periods between 11pm - 2am in the past (especially with essays at Uni) and 3) I'm just curious as to what will happen.  Three good reasons = good enough reason to try.

I've got up the last two nights in a row, for about 90 minutes each.  Nothing super technical yet, just getting used to going to bed, then getting up again in the dark.  The experiments in the link above suggest a nap from 6:00 - 7:30pm, then the core sleep cycling between 12:30pm and 5:30am.  I'm wanting something more like Sleep 9pm - 11:30pm, then 1:30 - 5:30am - I'll have to see how it works..

One good thing to come out of it already, was that on Thursday night I got up around 1am, and was going to read; but decided to have a spontaneous stretching and movement session in our library, instead.  I actually created two new (to me at least) variants of old favorites, that I am hoping to film tomorrow and get up on the web.  One of them really gets into the quadratus lumborum and iliocostalis lumborum muscles and associated fascia.  Awesome slow style 'yin' stretching session.  Felt great the next day. 

I think this stretch and lizard crawling are going to pair up really nicely..  Speaking of biphasic sleep; I'mma go git some sleep, right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.